I finished reading this book last night. It was great, a new perspective of Christianity and a whole new sense of gratitude to be born a Muslim. People who had read this would know what I mean. Personally, I prefer Stieg Larsson's flair of writing compared to Dan Brown's. Brown's style of storytelling is matter-of-factly and straight to the point, which would be most suitable if you're writing a history book or non-fictions. I've never been so engrossed in a crime fiction before until I came across Stieg Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I've read all three books from the trilogy and still remember all the details.
I know the covers don't look like much, but hey, never judge a book by its cover :) I guarantee you, the read is totally worth the money and time and lack of sleep. Read 'em only if you love crime fiction and don't mind reading about extreme violence. And if you support women rights, you'd be thrilled to read 'em.
Moving on, I was supposed to attend Avril Lavigne's concert tomorrow night with my girls. But I couldn't make it coz, well the usual. I got the green light from my mom but when it comes to my forever overprotective father, it's a moot point "No". The rebellious and defiant side of me wanted to just go and not give a damn. I could really use some fun time right now. I feel like I've been living alone. I don't even talk to anyone in my house. The old me would do that without thinking twice. But now that I promised myself to try and be a better daughter, I ought to obey my parents and be mature about it. Then maybe my dad would see me as a grown up. Plus, parents have this hunches or "sixth sense" that we as their children can never fathom until we become parents. They usually can sense whether it's safe or not to let go of their kids. So yeah, maybe there's some silver lining behind this cloud of gloom. So I sold my tickets to an officemate who looked beyond happy (she got the front ticket at a low price) and I can't help but feel happy too. Making others' day can be such an accomplishment.
I took a day off today (hehe) and I deserve it I must say. This week is super hectic and I feel pressured with all the multi-tasking I'm forced to do. I have to prepare a summary of all the insurance policy for all Sime Darby Subsidiaries to be submitted to Group Risk Management. Do you know how many Sime Darby subsidiaries here in Malaysia? Three fucking hundred! and I have to make sure all of those things is ready in four days. Damn, it feels good to take a day off :D I got a perfect present for my physic-crazy brother today :) Life's good, Alhamdulillah
